Until things really gain momentum, and at least until I grab my Bachelor’s degree, this is where the magic happens. With a soundproofing box GDUB and I built, a middle of the line recording microphone, and some extra space in the guest bedroom of my childhood home, we’ve been able to build a functioning “studio” to produce our music in. It’s not much right now, I know that, but I’m proud of where it’s all headed.
The special features of the studio include:
- Garageband (not for long, lol)
- A chair from a fucking dining room set. (Gotta fix that garbage)
- One of those foldable tables you see at a damn garage sale.
- A hand me down Macbook and an Apple monitor. (Which would make this all impossible to do without, so shoutout to tech-wizard Russ Wittman for all of the help and support.)
- A bed…because this is a guest bedroom, and is in fact, not a real studio.
- 2pac and BIG posters (In that order)
- Me, I make the shit go.
I get that this isn’t the most impressive set up in the history of time. What I am trying to prove, however, is that the end result (the music) is of greater quality than one would think could come from a place like this, and most certainly from someone like me (who has little to no formal experience with mixing/mastering/recording). Everything that grows as a result of our hard work and everywhere that music takes us, we will always be able to look back at this room as the place that started everything.
Now share our music so we can gtfo out of here. ( dB Music with world-class resources= your favorite rap friends becoming unstoppable)